Workperch | Unsplash
What is Virtual Organizing?
Virtual organizing is a collaborative process between a client and an organizer with the goal of helping the client achieve a desired outcome based on an initial assessment. Unlike on-site organizing, it is achieved through the use of telephone, email, photographs, video conferencing or other technology. It can be used on its own or in addition to on-site organizing. Organizing sessions are instructed by the organizer who provides the expertise while the client is the ‘boots on the ground’ supplying the physical work.
Is it right for me?
- Are you motivated, ready for change?
- Are you somewhat tech savvy (able to text/email photos, for example)?
- Are you physically able to do the work or do you have someone you can call on to help?
If you answered yes to all three, contact me for your complimentary consultation. If appropriate, I am happy to offer a short ‘test’ session to give you a feel for it and for you to decide if it is right for you.
What are the benefits?
- Accessibility: access no matter where you live and after you have moved
- Accountability: regular check-ins keep you on task and help you clear roadblocks
- Affordability: number of hours is reduced per session and per project as you supply the physical work
- Flexibility: shorter sessions are easier to schedule, particularly for busy professionals and parents
- Personal development: more focused learning promotes skills transfer and development of long-term habits
- Privacy: no intrusion of privacy as you only share what you want